Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the lands!
Serve the Lord with gladness!
Come into his presence with singing!
For Sunday worship, Good Shepherd uses a rich variety of service settings on a rotating basis. Some are traditional while others are more contemporary.
Childcare is available in the Nursery for children under the age of five.
During Communion, gluten-free wafers and cup, as well as a grape juice cup, are available. All who believe in Christ’s presence in this sacrament are welcome!
Choir & Instrumentalists ~
Good Shepherd is blessed with many gifted musicians, both instrumentalists and vocalists.
- The choir presents beautiful anthems especially during the Advent/Christmas and Lent/Easter seasons.
- The With One Voice orchestra is comprised of flutes, guitar, piano, and any additional instruments members offer to play!
- The Contemporary band and chorus lead Contemporary worship several times a year with vocalists accompanied by guitars and an enthusiastic beat from the drums.
- Celtic Christian music services take place quarterly, led by church members in their group the “Green Mountain Celts.”
- In summer and at other times, a service with Latin American music fills the air.
At Good Shepherd, we do indeed make a joyful noise!
Lent & Easter Highlights ~
- Midweek Lenten services use both an Evening service and a setting using Taizé music, a contemplative service with sung prayers.
- During Holy Week, Good Shepherd hosts ecumenical Morning Prayer.
- On Maundy Thursday, there is a service of Holy Communion with Stripping of the Altar.
- On Good Friday there is a Tenebrae service of increasing darkness.
- The Easter Sunday Festival worship is followed by a brunch.
Advent & Christmas ~
- Advent and Christmas are a special time in the church year. The Christmas Festival Season begins with a midweek evening Advent Lessons & Carols.
- On the afternoon of Christmas Eve at 4:30 PM the Sunday School children lead a Family Candlelight worship service.
- On Christmas Eve at 9:00 PM a more traditional Candlelight Service with Communion takes place.
- The Christmas season comes to a close on the first Sunday after Christmas with a Christmas Lessons & Carols service.
Epiphany & Global Music ~
During the Epiphany season Good Shepherd has a tradition of “Global Music” featuring hymns from different parts of the world.
© All Rights Reserved – Good Shepherd Lutheran Church – Jericho, VT – 2021