Centering Prayer Meditation Practice
Changes to the Friday morning Centering Prayer practice!
- We will continue to practice and spend time together faithfully every Friday via Zoom.
- Centering Prayer will begin at 8:00 a.m. (rather than at 8:30 a.m.) and will continue to be a 1/2 hour practice until 8:30 a.m..
- From 8:30 – 8:35 a.m. there is a 5 minute break when some C-P participants may wish to leave Zoom and begin their day; some may wish to stay a few minutes to chat, ask questions, or simply come back to the present moment; and some may wish to stay on for the new Study Group.
- From 8:35 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. (approximately) The Art of Centering Prayer: A Study Group will begin their study and discussion. The information on the topic for the first Study Group is explained here so that you can read the information in advance.
Here is the zoom link:
Alan will lead us using the Centering Prayer App which has these components:
- Opening Prayer
- Beginning Sound
- Meditation (beginning at 10 min and working up to 20 over a few sessions)
- Ending Sound
- Closing Prayer
3. If you have any questions, please contact Alan via the form below. He will gladly help you to download the Zoom app if you want to use it on other days for your own practice (notice that the app is not necessary to join the Friday morning practice). Allan can also explain the concepts surrounding Centering Prayer and discuss with you the steps in practicing Centering Prayer meditation or help you with any computer issues/questions related to joining this Zoom meeting.
We hope you will find this group meditation an exciting and satisfying experience in your spiritual journey.
~ The Evangelism Committee
Need Help? Have a Question? ASK ALAN…